What is Physiotherapy?
Physiotherapy is a treatment technique addressing the musculoskeletal systems of the body. When we get an injury or abnormal pain, our body is in a state of imbalance and measures must be taken to restore that balance. A physiotherapist will use a variety of hands-on techniques and exercise therapy to get you back to normal and in your optimal condition. Dr. Sager is skilled in a number of areas from soft tissue mobilization, joint mobilization, stretching, strengthening, postural alignment, core stability and exercise prescription.
The benefits of Physiotherapy
- · Massaging tissues to assist their healing capability to assist in the structural healing.
- · Using TENS and ultrasound to aid in the healing process.
- · Stretching and mobilizing joints so that they are at their optimal functioning level.
- · Helping you to retrain postural muscles that may be weakened and hindering your recovery.
- · Helping you to retrain movement patterns that may be dysfunctional.